Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
The Lead Business Analyst is responsible for identifying and interfacing with stakeholders in both the business and IT. The Lead BA aligns technology solutions and/or processes with Information Technology and business strategies. Demonstrates an informed if not advanced knowledge of accepted BA practices, as well as, within the Amtrak function to resolve problems and assist with process improvement, on an ongoing basis. Supports several moderately complex business processes. May be allocated part time to one or more enterprise project initiatives.
• The Lead Business Analyst (BA) will lead analytical initiatives supporting key Amtrak Information Security programs and services, including creation, design, and formatting of specification artifacts such as: Current and Future State business process flow diagrams and narratives, gap analysis, roadmaps, functional and nonfunctional requirements, use cases, user stories, business rules, data dictionaries, and other information or processes required to describe system changes supporting design, development, QA, UAT, RFI/RFP, enterprise architecture planning and other internal customers.
• Proactively seeks to establish and maintain cooperative partnerships with multiple organizations across Amtrak including business partners, business services officers, architecture, and software development and testing.
• Responsible for assisting in the governance of IT disciplines. Collect, analyze and document service management related activities.
• Lead, guide and provide cross functional (from the requirement domain) project oversight for the business analysis staff.
• Provide tactical (day-to-day) requirement development guidance, based on the strategic SDLC model (ADM), for the business analysis staff.
• Directly handle requirement development tasks associated with high profile, high priority Amtrak strategic initiatives.
• Oversee and/or directly contribute (via high level requirement development) the business analysis role within the demand management framework.
• Participates in planning sessions related to projects or new technologies to implement process improvement within the functional area. Documents discussions and agreements. Facilitate gate review, change advisory boards and IT operational meetings.
• Establishes liaison relationship with business partners and IT departments in order to provide process solutions to meet user needs.
• Assesses process improvements opportunities utilizing a structured requirements process (gathering, analyzing, documenting, and managing changes) to assist in identifying priorities and advises on options.
• Provides factual content, analysis and other information to guide development projects and enhancements activities.
• Investigates, resolves and escalates problems. Monitors and analyzes metrics to ensure customer satisfaction and vendor performance.
• Promotes and understanding of IT Service Management roles, processes and activities to business units and IT departments. Supports and participates in formal reporting related to IT Operations.
• Effectively perform all IT Controls as applicable.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Management, Systems Engineering or other related field plus 6+ years relevant work experience or 10+ years of relevant work experience required to satisfy education and experience requirements.
• 7-10 years of specific Business analysis experience
• Position requires proven expertise with BA tool sets including Visio, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Power BI, Tableau and HP Quality Center. Must have exceptional written and verbal communication skills, and the capability to present confidently at various levels from project teams to Executive leadership.
• Working knowledge within IT operations and/or Service Management functions.
• Requirement development through various techniques (JRD, process flow, general elicitation).
• Developing and managing to requirement development schedules that incorporate into the broader project schedule.
• Must possess excellent customer service, strong communication and interpersonal skills, work well with others in an integrated team environment, and must be self-motivated.
• Experience with development and reporting towards KPI's and knowledge of industry best practice/industry benchmarks.
• Strong analytical skills
• Ability to create Executive-level PowerPoint presentations and reports with extraordinary attention to details (format, content, layout, visuals). Position requires expertise with Knowledge Management and the ability to support capital and operational resource planning. Experience with Project Management methodology (PMI), Agile SCRUM/SAFE, and Structured Query Language (SQL) preferred.
• Vendor Management Experience
• Knowledge of Six Sigma/Lean
• ITIL Certification
• Experience in cybersecurity industry.
• Experience working on cybersecurity projects.
• Work is performed in an office environment
• May require travel up to 20% of the time
• After hours and periodic shift work may occasionally be required
Posting Location(s):District of Columbia
Job Family/Function:Information Technology
Travel Requirements:Up to 25%
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans to apply for Amtrak job opportunities.
All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen. Amtrak is committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. All new hires are required to undergo a hair drug test which detects the presence of illegal drugs for months prior to testing. Marijuana, notwithstanding any statute, ordinance, regulation, or other law that legalizes or decriminalizes the use or possession of marijuana, whether for medical, recreational, or other use. Candidates who engage in the usage of marijuana will not be qualified for hire. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping Amtrak safe and drug-free.
In accordance with DOT regulations (49 CFR section 40.25), Amtrak is required to obtain prior drug and alcohol testing records for applicants/employees intending to perform safety- sensitive duties for covered Department of Transportation positions. If an applicant/employee refuses to provide written consent for Amtrak to obtain these records, he/she will not permitted to perform safety-sensitive functions.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Amtrak is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome all to apply. We consider candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability (including blindness), or veteran status.
POSTING NOTES: Information Technology || Information Technology
Dir IT - 90118909 - Philadelphia Philadelphia PA US 19104
Program Mgr - 90282585 - Washington Washington DC US 20002
Telecommunications Equipment Operator I Corpus Christi TX Houston TX 77001
Groundhand - South Bend IN South Bend IN 46556
Groundhand - Lansing MI Lansing MI 48864
USA-NY-Albany Diesel Engine Technician In Shop
USA-CO-Grand Junction Service Coordinator
USA-ME-Scarborough Engine Inshop Technician
USA-CO-Colorado Springs Field Service Power Generation Technician
USA-CO-Henderson Service Manager
We are happy to help, send us any question you like.