Job Display - Return to Search Results
Lead Interior Craftsperson - Upholstery All Shifts Tucson AZ US Job at Bombardier
Lead Interior Craftsperson - Upholstery (All Shifts)-TUC01048Description
At Bombardier Aerospace, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
With an average of over 300 sunny days per year, Bombardier Business Aircraft’s Tucson Service Center is surrounded by stunning mountain ranges and desert landscapes. Celebrating over 40 years of operations in Tucson, Arizona, the service center occupies almost 1 million sq ft of total hangar space and is the largest of Bombardier’s nine aircraft service centers. The facility services both Bombardier commercial and business aircraft. Since its inauguration in 1976, the facility has been located at Tucson International Airport, a strategic location and a key local partner. The 247,000 sq ft Business Aircraft facility is equipped to perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, modifications, including interior modifications, avionics installations, customized exterior paint, and Aircraft on Ground (AOG) support for Bombardier Learjet, Challenger and Global aircraft. The Service Center has received certifications from CAAC, FAA, EASA, Argentina (Military), Bermuda, Canada, Cayman Islands, Hong Kong, India, Mexico, Qatar and South Africa.
Bombardier has an exciting opportunity available for a Lead Interior Craftsperson – Upholstery (All Shifts) based in Tucson, AZ.
As an Interiors Lead, you will be responsible for leading the day to day functions of Interior Installers to achieve established production targets. It requires frequent coordination and communication with the Interior Supervisor along with other Leads both in and out of the Interior department in support of meeting the overall aircraft completion schedule. You will lead by example to ensure the department and its employees maintains the highest standards of safety, quality, schedule and profitability.
1. After receiving direction from the Supervisor, prioritizes daily/weekly work assignments in support of the department schedule, production targets and overall aircraft completion.
2. Effectively communicates daily work assignments to others ensuring they have a thorough understanding of the assignment and all necessary materials, prints and other resources to complete the assignments following established work steps.
3. Ensure interior craftsperson follow the design spec, engineering prints, FAA, RSM and/or other internal regulatory requirements, to ensure safety, quality, schedule and profitability targets are achieved.
4. Provide guidance and coaching to installers as it relates to work assignments, specific work steps, proper and safe use of all tools and/or machinery or overall job performance.
5. Routinely monitor work assignments to ensure they are progressing according to the department schedule and/or production targets. Be aware of manpower allocations and bid vs actual.
6. Possess complete and accurate knowledge of work assignments for each aircraft at all times and provide regular feedback on status to the Supervisor.
7. Report immediately to the Supervisor about any potential delays, work stoppages or other instances which may impact the department schedule, production targets and/or overall status of aircraft completion to include any potential for delays during other phases as a result of the Cabinet Finish process.
8. Remain highly proficient with the use of all techniques, tools and machinery plus be able to demonstrate the safe and proper use, while possessing a superior technical knowledge of the Interior Install processes and procedures
In your role, you will also:
• Coordinate workload, overtime and job assignments for team members in assigned functional area
• Provide technical guidance and expertise to assigned employees in order to promote acquisition of technical proficiency and trouble shoot problems for assigned area(s)
• Monitor day-to-day activities for assigned area and report issues and risks to immediate supervisor
• Provide verbal and written turnover reports indicating status of work progress
• Oversee employee activities and document as required using Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Aircraft Maintenance Manuals (AMM), Sheet metal Repair Manuals (SRMs), Service Bulletin (SBs), scripts and tally books
• Assist in establishing a training plan for assigned areaQualifications
As our ideal candidate,
• You typically have a minimum of 5 years aircraft maintenance experience or substantiated equivalent experience in functional area or a minimum of 3 years aircraft maintenance experience or substantiated equivalent experience in functional area with typically a minimum of 2 years leadership / supervisory experience (Aircraft Maintenance preferred)
• You have a minimum of 1 year of corporate aircraft experience (preferred)
• You have strong written and verbal communication skills
• You exhibit effective leadership skills
• You have the ability to train employees in the performance of duties within area of specialization
• You demonstrate planning / organizational and time management skills necessary to prioritize, assign and coordinate workload of team members within a multiple project setting
• You have the interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships with assigned employees, other business areas, contractors and customers
• You have a minimum of 1 year of Bombardier aircraft model experience (preferred)
• You have the ability to forecast and provide job estimates (preferred)
*This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.
Your ideas move people.Job:
07.10.2020, 6:51:37 AMUnposting Date:
OngoingMore information on this Job
ID: 32073140 - Save Job
: Military Jobs
We want all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, or who needs other assistance or accommodations; please contact us by selecting which area of business you are interested in: Aerospace or Transportation. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.
Bombardier is an Equal Opportunity Employer We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions.
Landscape Technician Tampa FL Tampa FL US 34637
Temporary Landscape Technician Weekly Pay Johnston OH Columbus OH 43031
Temporary Landscape Technician Polaris area Weekly Pay Columbus OH Columbus OH 43224
Landscape Technician Winter Work Available Weekly Pay South St Paul MN South St Paul MN 55075
Administrative Assistant Kent OH 44240
CHN-SHENZHEN Lead Host - Guest Room Floor
USA-AZ-TUCSON Experience Planner
USA-GA-ATLANTA Room Attendant
AUS-MELBOURNE Beauty Therapist
PA Consulting jobs
G4S Secure Solutions USA jobs
InfoMine USA jobs