Job Display - Return to Search Results
Senior Civil Engineer drainage St Johns NL CA Job at Hatch
Requisition ID: 32321
Job Category: Engineering
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Looking to take the next step in your career? Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated Drainage Engineers to become part of our expanding Civil Engineering team in our St. John’s Office. This is an intermediate position for which your focus will be supporting and executing challenging projects and ensuring technical excellence within the existing team.
From concept to operation, we’re committed to providing traditional services alongside proprietary technologies and innovative thinking to deliver custom, cost-effective solutions. From studies, analysis, and design to construction supervision and monitoring, our DES group specializes in site planning, spatial information and digital terrain modelling, surface and subsurface investigations, rock mechanics, underground structures, geotechnical laboratory services, flood forecasting and water resource management.
Interested in being part of pursuing and developing new technologies, unlocking constraints, and bringing more value to our clients ‘operations? Join our team today!
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Developing conceptual, preliminary and detailed design of linear infrastructure drainage networks
- Stormwater drainage design using computer aid programs, experience with Civil 3D is a must
- Stormwater management modeling using Computer programs
- Ensuring all civil design drawings for engineering project work comply with statutory and regulatory requirements
- Report writing and report preparation
- Ability to coordinate with third party utility companies and participate in client meetings
- Professional communication skills
- Delivering design drawings in accordance with design standard
- Able to interpret survey data and support field survey
- Co-ordinate with project managers and discipline engineers and ensures consistency in execution of project management activities to assure that client's work is completed on time, on budget and within the quality standards of the firm
- Participate in the preparation of material quantities and cost estimates
- Ability to work as part of a growing team
- Providing assistance during the tender phase and recommending project awards
- Providing engineering support during construction
You bring to the role
- 8 years+ of storm water management design and engineering
- P.E. in one or more states, and/or P.Eng. in one or more provinces
- Led or contributed to Area Drainage Studies, including municipal and industrial infrastructure
- PC SWMM or XP SWMM
- AutoCAD Civil3D capabilities
- Writes clear, concise technical reports
- Able to work in a team environment, mentoring or supervising EITs and designers
- Knowledge of North American water management standards and best practices;
- Check/review of other staff/consultant work
Why join us?
- Develop innovation partnerships
- Think locally, work globally
- Engage with people who make a difference
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment.
- Long term career development
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation. More information on this Job
ID: 32074186 - Save Job
: IT Jobs
Our organization is passionately committed to the pursuit of a better world through positive change. We embrace your visions as our own and partner with you to develop better ideas that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. Our global network of 9,000 professionals work on the world’s toughest challenges. Our experience spans over 150 countries around the world in the metals, energy, infrastructure, digital, and investments market sectors.
We are employee-owned and independent—free to bring our best thinking to your business. Our exceptional, diverse teams combine vast engineering and business knowledge, working in partnership with our clients to develop market strategies, manage and optimize production, develop new game-changing technologies, and design and deliver complex capital projects.
Senior Mechanical Engineer - Vancouver Vancouver BC CA
Senior Geotechnical Engineer Brisbane Queensland AU
Senior Civil Designer Mississauga ON CA
Junior Structural Drafter Melbourne Victoria AU
Advisory Engagement Manager Mississauga ON CA
Underground Mining Superintendent Mine CaptainSudbury Sudbury ON CA
Senior Business Analyst - Digital Systems Integration St Johns NL CA
PATIENT ACCESS SPECIALIST FT Greenville SC US 29615
PATIENT ACCESS SPECIALIST PT Greenville SC US 29605
PATIENT ACCESS SPECIALIST FT Greer SC US 29650
Prisma Health jobs
Tetra Pak jobs
Volvo Cars jobs
Black and Veatch jobs
Wyndham Hotels jobs
Childrens Healthcare of Atlanta jobs
Work for Indiana jobs