Job Display - Return to Search Results
Senior Mechanical Engineer - Vancouver Vancouver BC CA Job at Hatch
Custom RSS Feed for Hatch
Requisition ID: 32901
Job Category: Engineering
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
The Mechanical & Piping Group is a Hatch global practice providing Mechanical design expertise to a wide variety of Hatch's commodity-based business practices. Our capability spans through the entire project lifecycle comprising; scoping, conceptual design, pre-feasibility, feasibility studies, detailed engineering, construction support and project management. The group supports all of Hatch’s sectors including; energy, mining & mineral processing and infrastructure.
Our Vancouver team is currently seeking a dedicated Senior Mechanical Engineer to assist project work both in the office, and in the field. The Mechanical Engineer is broadly responsible for establishing system requirements, performing functional analyses, preparing engineering calculations, technical specifications, data sheets and reports while mentoring and leading junior engineers. In addition, the Senior Mechanical Engineer is required to develop, or provide input into 3D models and 2D drawings.
- Assist or lead the definition of mechanical project scope
- Lead the mechanical engineering team on projects and ensure delivery of project requirements as they relate to scope, cost and schedule
- Perform system analyses, establish user requirements, analyze system functional and performance requirements, define design criteria, and provide input to the design team on layouts and designs
- Prepare engineering calculations such as hydraulic modeling, equipment sizing and tank, pressure vessel or bin design while ensuring that all analyses satisfy user and system requirements
- Prepare technical specifications based on input received from other disciplines
- Conduct interface management between related systems and disciplines.
- Manage and review engineering work packages associated with project deliverables including management of project budgets and schedule.
- Prepare, review or approve technical deliverables such as equipment specifications, data sheets, calculations, etc.
- Prepare and contribute to technical memos and reports, within areas of expertise
- Provide input to engineering, operating and capital cost estimates
- Prepare, review or approve project standard specifications and design criteria
- Provide input to 3D models and 2D mechanical drawings
- Participate in and contribute to design reviews
- Assist in the compilation and delivery of monthly engineering status reports
- Assist with technical queries raised during the construction phase
- Assist in the commissioning of systems on site as required
- Follow company standard quality procedures
- Prepare or provide input to proposals in the area of expertise
Qualifications and Experience:
- BSc/BEng in mechanical engineering
- Registration as a professional engineer in British Columbia and/or other provinces of Canada
- Minimum eight years of project engineering experience in a heavy industrial EPCM environment.
- Experience with heavy industrial equipment including crushing, milling and flotation equipment.
- Experience in leading small and large mechanical teams in multi-disciplinary projects.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Ability to function with minimal supervision
- Working knowledge of industry standards, regulations and codes pertinent to the mechanical engineering discipline
- Sound knowledge of engineering management systems, deliverable progress measurement
- Experience in client engagement as a mechanical lead in mining & mineral processing projects.
- Ability to delegate tasks and effectively supervise engineers and designers.
- Experience in the use of procedures and workflows in the execution of projects
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation. More information on this Job
ID: 32074187 - Save Job
: Engineering Jobs
Our organization is passionately committed to the pursuit of a better world through positive change. We embrace your visions as our own and partner with you to develop better ideas that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. Our global network of 9,000 professionals work on the world’s toughest challenges. Our experience spans over 150 countries around the world in the metals, energy, infrastructure, digital, and investments market sectors.
We are employee-owned and independent—free to bring our best thinking to your business. Our exceptional, diverse teams combine vast engineering and business knowledge, working in partnership with our clients to develop market strategies, manage and optimize production, develop new game-changing technologies, and design and deliver complex capital projects.
Senior Geotechnical Engineer Brisbane Queensland AU
Senior Civil Designer Mississauga ON CA
Junior Structural Drafter Melbourne Victoria AU
Advisory Engagement Manager Mississauga ON CA
Under Ground Technical Services Talent Pool Tanami NT AU Australia
Regional Category Manager - Americas Denver CO US United States
Senior Asset Health Analyst Englewood CO US United States
Global Mobility Advisor Denver CO US United States
FSO Team Leader Denton TX US
Senior Functional Engineer Vernon Hills IL US
Prisma Health jobs
Tetra Pak jobs
Volvo Cars jobs
Black and Veatch jobs
Wyndham Hotels jobs
Childrens Healthcare of Atlanta jobs
Work for Indiana jobs