Job Display - Return to Search Results
Registered Nurse RN - NICU at Egleston Nights Atlanta GA US 30322 Job at Childrens Healthcare of Atlanta
Work Schedule/Days: Night / Variable
Employment Type: Full-Time
Requisition #: 50841
Performs nursing process while providing direct patient care in a safe and effective manner that promotes quality patient outcomes. Functions as member of interdisciplinary healthcare team.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- NICU nursing experience strongly preferred
- Graduation from accredited school of nursing
PRACTICE (Caring for the Patient)
- Performs nursing process across the continuum to deliver age and developmentally appropriate patient-family-centered care.
- Integrates values and language preferences into healthcare delivery through a culturally sensitive process.
- Utilizes clinical decision support tools and resources to recognize issues, prioritize care, and modify plan of care as needed.
- Utilizes appropriate documentation tools to record, measure, and retrieve healthcare data.
- Provides patient and family education appropriate for identified learning needs.
- Utilizes resources to plan and provide nursing care that is safe, effective, and financially responsible.
DEVELOPMENT (Fostering Clinical Knowledge)
- Participates in lifelong learning to maintain knowledge and competence that reflects current nursing practice.
- Incorporates new knowledge into nursing practice to support desired outcomes.
- Maintains professional records that provide evidence of competence and learning.
- Self-evaluates professional practice in relation to performance, development, resiliency, and goals.
- Takes action to achieve goals identified during performance review, resulting in change in practice and role performance.
ENGAGEMENT (Engaging and Leading Professionally)
- Provides oversight for nursing care given by unlicensed personnel while retaining accountability for patient care quality.
- Engages in ethical practices utilizing principles from The Code of Ethics for Nurses.
- Maintains therapeutic and professional relationships with appropriate role boundaries.
- Contributes to a supportive and healthy work environment.
- Consults, contributes to, and coordinates care with interdisciplinary healthcare team members.
- Demonstrates investment in others through teaching/coaching/helper roles.
- Demonstrates support of shared leadership through awareness of initiatives and providing input.
- Drives and effectively facilitates timely admission, transfer, and discharge process for unit, ensuring efficient and safe patient flow.
OUTCOMES (Driving Excellent Results)
- Integrates evidence and research findings into clinical judgement and nursing practice.
- Participates in monitoring activities within work environment to maintain a culture of safety.
- Identifies and communicates hazards and errors.
- Participates in quality and process improvement activities to improve patient outcome and workflows.
- Ensures equipment is in working order to provide safe patient care.
- Demonstrates commitment and flexibility through times of change.
PROFESSIONAL MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS
- Completes orientation and initial assessment of competency successfully by determined due date.
- Completes mandatory education and annual competency assessment requirements as defined by unit and system by due date.
- Achieves 75% attendance at staff meetings if applicable.
Safety: Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Responsible for the reporting of employee/patient/visitor injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to the supervisor and in the occurrence notification system.
Compliance: Monitors and ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and policies and procedures related to area of responsibility. Identifies potential risk areas within area of responsibility and supports problem resolution process. Maintains records of compliance activities and reports compliance activities to the Compliance Office.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
Ability to lift up to 40 lbs independently and greater than 40 lbs with assistance
Bending/Stooping - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Climbing - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Hearing/Speaking - Effective communication with employees, supervisors/managers and staff. Effective communications with patients and visitors, as required.
Lifting - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Pushing/Pulling - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Sitting - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Standing - Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)
Walking - Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)
Definite potential for exposure to blood and body fluids
Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta has been 100 percent committed to kids for more than 100 years. A not-for-profit organization, Children’s is dedicated to making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
With 3 hospitals, 20 neighborhood locations and a total of 673 beds, Children’s is the largest healthcare provider for children in Georgia and one of the largest pediatric clinical care providers in the country. Children’s offers access to more than 60 pediatric specialties and programs and is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report.
Children’s has been recognized as a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, a Best Place for Working Mothers, and as a top employer for diversity and millennials. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefit package that supports our mission, vision and values. We are proud to offer an array of programs and services to our employees that have distinguished us as a best place to work in the country. Connect to our mission of making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
Have questions about the recruitment process? Check out What to Expect.
Address: 1405 Clifton Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30322More information on this Job
Function: Nursing - Nursing-Bedside
ID: 32074314 - Save Job
: HR Jobs
Childrens Healthcare of Atlanta
At Childrens Healthcare of Atlanta, our doctors, nurses and staff are specially trained to care for children under the age of 21. From colorful, friendly waiting rooms to equipment that fits patients of all sizes, every detail is designed specifically for kids.
Childrens Healthcare of Atlanta jobs
Family Case Manager Evansville IN US 47713
Family Case Manager Salem IN US 47167
Family Case Manager Princeton IN US 47670
Family Case Manager Noblesville IN US 46060
Family Case Manager Booneville IN US 47601
Board of Animal Health - Meat and Poultry Deputy Division Director Indianapolis IN US 46205
Acute Care Reimbursement Manager Indianapolis IN US 46202
Maintenance Supervisor - 2nd Shift Indianapolis IN US 46204
Family Case Manager Columbus IN US 47203
Behavioral Health Recovery Attendant Richmond IN US 47374
Work for Indiana jobs
Advanced Energy jobs
Compass Group USA jobs
Mobile Mini jobs
Sun Communities jobs
NY Power Authority jobs
Sedgwick County jobs