Auto req ID: 7523
Title: Design Engineer - Validation & Verification
Job Function: Engineering
Company: Harley-Davidson Motor Company
Full or Part-Time: Full Time
At Harley-Davidson, we are building more than machines. It’s our passion and commitment to continue the evolution of this storied brand, and heighten the desirability of the Harley-Davidson experience. To keep building our legend and leading our industry through innovation, evolution, and emotion we need the best and brightest talent. We stand for the timeless pursuit of adventure. Freedom for the soul. Are you ready to join us?
The Harley-Davidson Motor Company Product Development Center (PDC) located in Wauwatosa, WI is home to the mantra – You dream it. We build it. Join our team as a Design Engineer - Validation & Verification.
Our Engineering team at the Product Development Center has an opening for a Design Engineer – Validation and Verification role. This open position requires a relentless drive to succeed while working on efficient, dynamic and agile systems focused on the engineering environment. This role will be responsible for the testing of critical on-vehicle electrical control modules. Testing includes defining the test case, understanding and operating Hardware in the Loop (HIL) systems, and defining pass or fail criteria.
• Review requirements at the vehicle, system and component levels. Work with component owners and design engineers to define, develop, and execute hardware-in-the-loop (HiL) tests for H-D electronic control units (ECUs).
• Develop and implement custom test functions and sequences using National Instruments (NI) LabVIEW, Veristand, and TestStand.
• Maintain multiple NI-based HiL systems.
• Work extensively with CAN, analog and digital based control systems. Provide HiL support for advanced controls development and testing.
• Develop automation of test case execution with reporting.
• Utilize third-party software tools such as Vector and ATI Vision to log and share data with other test labs within H-D.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 3 years of relevant engineering experience in a related field. In addition, they will have experience with some of the following:
• Experience with NI hardware and software including LabVIEW, Veristand, and TestStand (NI certifications CLD/CLED/CLA/CTD/CTA preferred, but not required). NI FPGA (cRIO/PXI) programming experience is preferred.
• Experience with Matlab/Simulink modeling or similar and simulation model development/integration.
• Familiarity with vehicle communications protocols (CAN, LIN, UDS, CCP).
• Experience in software development process associated with automotive type embedded systems.
• Experience with requirements and test management tools such as Helix ALM.
• Experience with electrical hardware documentation, software version control, configuration management, and requirements traceability.
• Experience with ISO 26262.
We offer an inclusive compensation package for all full-time salaried employees including, but not limited to, annual bonus programs, health insurance benefits, a 401k program, onsite fitness centers and employee stores, employee discounts on products and accessories, and more. We welcome everybody to join our family and be united no matter who you are or where you come from. Learn more about Harley-Davidson here.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Direct Reports: No
Travel Required: 0 - 10%
Visa Sponsorship: This position is eligible for visa sponsorship
Relocation: This position is not eligible for relocation assistance
Staff Design Engineer - Parts and Accessories Wauwatosa WI US
Program Manager Chicago IL US
Public Relations Lead Milwaukee WI US
Wellcome Sanger Institute Senior Bioinformatician - Human Cell Atlas
Bio Products Laboratory Project Scientist Bio Processing
F Hoffmann-La Roche AG Vice President Global Product Development - Rare Blood Disorders RBD and Hematologic Malignanc
Charles River Analyst Immunology Sherbrooke
The Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency MHRA NIBSC Section leader Bioinformatics
University College London UCL Research Fellow in immunological biophysics
Royal Horticultural Society Head of Plant Health
We are happy to help, send us any question you like.