Location: Office Park (1645)
Requisition #: 59548
Provides exceptional customer service to internal and external callers in a polite, efficient, and professional manner. Uses medical terminology/communication skills and department-specific knowledge to effectively support telephone triage services, taking calls, physician answering services, and training assistance. Collaborates with leaders on departmental projects to support efforts that supports efforts that ensure delivery of safe patient care and services and promote a safe environment at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta.
• High school graduate or equivalent and 1 year of additional education or 2 years of equivalent experience in a healthcare environment
• 2 years of experience in a healthcare setting
• 1 year of experience in a call center or telephone handling
• 2 years of experience in word processing
• Experience in an emergency or acute care setting
• Experience in medical terminology
• Experience with special projects outside of phone handling
• Ability to work in high-volume, fast-paced environment
• Must have basic understanding of medical terminology
• Strong administrative skills, including typing 25 words per minute and utilizing Microsoft Office Suite
• Superior customer service and problem-solving skills
• Ability to prioritize and manage a variety of tasks
• Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
• Ability to handle difficult situations
• Must be able to successfully pass the Basic Windows Skill Assessment at 80% or higher rating within 30 days of employment
Safety: Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Responsible for the reporting of employee/patient/visitor injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to the supervisor and in the occurrence notification system.
Compliance: Monitors and ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and policies and procedures related to area of responsibility. Identifies potential risk areas within area of responsibility and supports problem resolution process. Maintains records of compliance activities and reports compliance activities to the Compliance Office.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta has been 100 percent committed to kids for more than 100 years. A not-for-profit organization, Children’s is dedicated to making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
With 3 hospitals, 20 neighborhood locations and a total of 673 beds, Children’s is the largest healthcare provider for children in Georgia and one of the largest pediatric clinical care providers in the country. Children’s offers access to more than 60 pediatric specialties and programs and is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report.
Children’s has been recognized as a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, a Best Place for Working Mothers, and as a top employer for diversity and millennials. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefit package that supports our mission, vision and values. We are proud to offer an array of programs and services to our employees that have distinguished us as a best place to work in the country. Connect to our mission of making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
Have questions about the recruitment process? Check out What to Expect.
Address: 1645 Tullie Circle, Atlanta, GA 30329
Function: Revenue Cycle - Patient Financial Services
Research Coordinator-Childrens at Satellite Boulevard-PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A GRANT FUNDED POSITION E Duluth GA US 30096
Registered Nurse RN - ICU Share Team at Scottish Rite - FTnights Atlanta GA US 30342
Speech Language Pathologist-Medical Office BuildingPRN Atlanta GA US 30342
Physical Therapist-CIRU-PRN Atlanta GA US 30342
Occupational Therapist-North Druid Hills and Medical Office BuildingPRN Atlanta GA US 30324
Equipment Mechanic West Lafayette IN US
Behavioral Clinician Logansport IN US 46947
Highway Maintenance Technician Greenfield IN US 46140
Highway Maintenance Technician Indianapolis IN US 46239
Maintenance Foreman Greencastle IN US 46135
We are happy to help, send us any question you like.