Job Display - Return to Search Results
Health Content and Style Editor-contractor remote MA US remote Job at EBSCO
EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases — all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation’s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
Health Content and Style Editor
This is a long term contract opportunity requiring 15-20 hours a week
The Health Content and Style Editor investigates all stylistic standards for patient and clinician-facing tools for the Dynamic Decision Support (DSD) team. They will research examples, suggest standardized format with an eye for readability, clarity and consistency and edit content to create a unified look across all shared decision-making tools for patients. This person will share style ideas based on research and implement the team’s decisions.
- Ensures readability, clarity, flow, and consistency of DSD content for patient or clinician audiences
- Applies plain language and health literacy best practices for web content
- Contributes to the development and updating of editorial policies and procedures
- Contributes to style committee meetings by conducting research, sourcing information, and executing the decisions made at the meetings
- Ensures content adheres to house style guide and other style guides as needed
- Ensures new style changes and updates are completed and maintained across the content set
- Communicates and collaborates professionally with writers/editors as needed
- Assists with content maintenance and updates
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Communications, Journalism, Education, or similar)
- 3+ years of editing experience and demonstrated knowledge of editorial processes (e.g., querying writers, maintaining version control)
- 2+ years of creating medical and patient information employing principles of health literacy and plain language
- Experience writing for the web with a focus on readability, clarity of meaning, and consistency
- 2+ years of experience requiring excellent writing skills and critical thinking skills
- 2+ years of experience with MS Office Suite
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Enjoys working on a team and can work independently with little supervision
- Communicates clearly, listens actively, and can influence others in a constructive way
- Familiarity with AMA style
- Experience working with an in-house style guide
- Experience in a publishing environment a plus
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.
View EEO PDFMore information on this Job
ID: 32095588 - Save Job
: HR Jobs
In the first summer of the Great Depression, Elton B. Stephens sold magazines door-to-door in order to help pay for his education at Birmingham Southern College in Birmingham, AL. Elton quickly realized something about himself—he could sell. That summer, he made enough money to pay for next year’s tuition. The following summer, Elton B. Stephens assembled and coordinated a team of friends to assist him; and he learned that he was not only a good salesman, but also a good manager.
By 1936, at 25 years old, Elton had graduated from the University of Alabama Law School and was earning more money weekly managing sales people part-time than a starting attorney could make in a month. Eventually, in 1944, Elton set out to pursue his aspirations. He and his wife Alys formed a partnership and began what would become one of the largest privately held companies in the United States.
From the early beginnings of EBSCO, selling has been core to who we are. We seek to understand the needs of our customers and deliver products and services that meet those needs. For us, business is not about making sales and maximizing profit in the short run. Business is about creating value for customers, securing continued and new business, and maximizing profits over the long run.
Help Desk Intern Contoocook NH US 03229
Chief Financial Officer Gurnee IL US 60085
Property Management Inspector 1 1 Alys Beach FL US 32461
Guest Services Supervisor 1 1 Alys Beach FL US 32461
Amenity Access Attendant Alys Beach FL US 32461
System Planning Engineer II Marcy NY US
Temp Communication Specialist - Canals Albany NY US
Senior Electrical Engineer I White Plains NY US
Lead Analyst - Sustainability White Plains NY US
Senior Energy Forecast Analyst White Plains NY US
NY Power Authority jobs
Sedgwick County jobs
Vision Service Plan jobs
Carroll University jobs
University of Florida jobs