Job Display - Return to Search Results
Temp Communication Specialist - Canals White Plains NY US Job at NY Power Authority
Develops, recommends, and helps implement marketing and communications strategies to advance the Canal’s and NYPA programs. Supports internal and external communication goals by conceptualizing, writing and editing a full range of print, exhibitory, audiovisual and electronic media. Also develops, recommends and helps implement advertising strategies and works with the business units to identify promotional and public relations opportunities. Ensures that all print and electronic communications support the objectives of the Authority’s programs and reach targeted audiences.
- Collaborate with Corporate Communications leadership to independently lead projects for Canals from inception to successful completion.
- Develop, write and edit copy for a variety of end products.
- Develop plans and make recommendations for social media tactics and timelines in synch with overall communications strategy.
- Create social media concepts and maintain Canal’s image on all in-use social channels.
- Develop detailed monthly analysis.
- Leverage social media management and Web-based analytics tools.
- Work with NYPA and Canals media relations and social media teams to ensure cohesive, timely and strategic online messaging. Ensure a holistic and integrated communication approach is being utilized.
- Help create a collaborative, flexible, friendly and approachable team dynamic – with client services and relationship-building being a top priority.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong editing experience.
- Extremely flexible client services provider, focused on managing best outcomes based on client needs and communications best practices.
- Proven social media capabilities, including content planning and execution.
- Awareness of social media sites, platforms, and emerging technologies.
- Exceptional writing skills and the ability to identify, investigate and execute opportunities for content development.
- Team-oriented and able to work with and across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to multi-task in a deadline-driven environment.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office programs including Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Outlook.
- Preferred Skills: Knowledge of web, digital or graphic design programs (Photoshop, Dreamweaver, HTML, CSS, and Microsoft SharePoint)
Education, Experience and Certifications
- BS/BA in related field (marketing, communications, journalism).
- Minimum eight years Corporate Communications experience in writing, editing for various communications channels.
- Experience in creating/managing social media campaigns.
- Energy, utilities/environmental or government background preferred.
The New York Power Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer More information on this Job
ID: 32095595 - Save Job
: Government Jobs
NY Power Authority
NYPA has restarted many projects, with appropriate protections in place, to strengthen the reliability & resiliency of our generation and transmission assets, modernize New York’s energy system and reinvigorate the state’s economy. #RestartSmart #NYForward #EnergizingTheEconomy
NY Power Authority jobs
Senior Electrical Engineer I White Plains NY US
Lead Analyst - Sustainability White Plains NY US
Senior Energy Forecast Analyst White Plains NY US
Auditor White Plains NY US
Senior Analyst- Sustainability White Plains NY US
Associate System Planning Engineer White Plains NY US
Resident Quality Inspector Provisional Lewiston NY US
Senior Graphic Communication Specialist White Plains NY US
Apprentice Operator Lewiston NY US
Senior Auditor White Plains NY US
Sedgwick County jobs
Vision Service Plan jobs
Carroll University jobs
University of Florida jobs
Harper College jobs