Job Display - Return to Search Results
Resident Quality Inspector Provisional Lewiston NY US Job at NY Power Authority
The New York Power Authority (NYPA) has a Quality Assurance Program that oversees both supplier and onsite contractor activities ensuring that required NYPA technical specifications and required industry codes and standards are being met. To facilitate this NYPA QA Program, NYPA utilizes a combination of internal QA Engineers, 3rd party QA/QC Inspectors, or temporary QA/QC Inspectors. When NYPA undertakes large complex projects at the facilities, such as Life Extension and Modernization (LEM), we utilize resident inspectors whose purpose is to observe and verify the contractor QA activities and verify their compliance with NYPA approved QA documentation and processes. By being onsite fulltime and observing critical activities, we are able to decrease the likelihood of quality issues compared with us not closely observing the contractors work.
- Perform quality oversight at the NYPA Operating Facility to ensure site contractor compliance with approved drawings, codes, standards, specifications and contract requirements.
- Perform inspections which may include evaluating visual and nondestructive examination of welds to AWS D1.1, ASME III, V and IX requirements, and mechanical inspections.
- Monitor site contractor performance for the Life Extension and Modernization (LEM) and Capital Projects
- Monitor Contractor Welding/Brazing Program.
- Monitor Contractor Nondestructive Examination Program
- Evaluate nondestructive examination of welds, piping, and structural shapes
- Witness final inspection of equipment modifications or installations, including dimensional, operational and/or functional testing.
- Attend site meetings representing the NYPA Quality Assurance Department
- Assist in implementation of the NYPA Corrective Action Program
- Conduct an annual surveillance of the LEM Quality Plan
- Assist in the preparation of Quality Assurance Monthly Reports
- Perform quality inspections and surveys at equipment supplier facilities
- Prepare detailed reports for all inspections and observations
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of industry codes, standards and regulations (ISO 9001, ASME IX, AWS D1.1, ASNT, ASTM).
- Able to observe and report conditions and events affecting material, welding, non-destructive testing, equipment and/or system quality to the affected stakeholder and then work with the stakeholders to resolve disputes and/or technical issues.
- Working knowledge of welding/brazing, print reading, non-destructive testing and dimensional inspection methods.
- Proficient personal computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Ability to access all areas of the plant and conduct physical evaluations of equipment including ability to climb and work at high elevations.
- Personnel protective equipment must be worn in the performance of some duties.
- Ability to wear a respirator
- Extended working hours with the possibility of weekend and holiday work, as required by schedules, work load and plant conditions.
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal - with ability to communicate effectively with, contractors, craft, and management.
- Strong problem-solving, multitasking and project management skills.
- Ability to work independently
- NDE certifications
- Basic understanding in testing and inspecting utility electrical equipment (120VAC to 230kV)
Education, Experience and Certifications
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in quality assurance/quality control.
- Experience in utility, nuclear, petrochemical or aerospace industry.
- Certified Weld Inspector
- Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
- QA/QC management experience
- Held Lead Auditor Certification
- Held Level II VT-1, VT-II, VT-III Piping, Mechanical, Welding, Coating & Anchor Bolt
- Held Level II - Radiography, Ultrasonic, Magnetic Particle and Liquid Penetrant Inspections
- Ability to walk long distances, climb up and down stairs and ladders, inspect in trenches below grade, walk on elevated platforms and be able perform physical inspections at all NYPA facilities
- Able to wear personal protection equipment such as safety shoes, hard hat, hearing protection, fall protection, safety glasses, and life jacket, as required by the job environment.
- Have a valid NYS Driver’s License
The New York Power Authority is an Equal Opportunity EmployerMore information on this Job
ID: 32095602 - Save Job
: Transport Jobs
NY Power Authority
NYPA has restarted many projects, with appropriate protections in place, to strengthen the reliability & resiliency of our generation and transmission assets, modernize New York’s energy system and reinvigorate the state’s economy. #RestartSmart #NYForward #EnergizingTheEconomy
NY Power Authority jobs
Senior Auditor Data Analytics White Plains NY US
Part-time Crisis StabilizationObservation Unit Case Manager - COMCARE Wichita KS US
Crisis Clinician - COMCARE Wichita KS US
Detention Deputy Wichita KS US
Sheriff Deputy Wichita KS US
Part-time Crisis Clinician - COMCARE Wichita KS US
Office Specialist - Sheriff Wichita KS US
Svc Coord Tripoli TB LY
US Houston Senior Applications AnalystDeveloper-Lead Houston TX US 77032
Svc Leader-Artificial Lift Odessa TX US 79765
Sedgwick County jobs
Vision Service Plan jobs
Carroll University jobs
University of Florida jobs
Harper College jobs