Job Display - Return to Search Results
Detention Deputy Wichita KS US Job at Sedgwick County
Pay: $15.95 per hour
Performs tasks associated with the 24-hour a day care and custody of inmates at the Detention Facility and Work Release Facility.
- Reviews arresting officer’s paperwork for completeness/accuracy; pat or strip searches inmates as necessary and required; inventories inmates’ clothing, personal property, and money; takes computerized fingerprints and digital mug shot for verification by local, State and Federal agencies.
- Utilizes force and/or self-defense techniques to restrain disruptive or combative inmates.
- Secures all exterior and security doors in facility by visually monitoring all movement of all people in the facility and controls movement utilizing screens and monitors in Master Control; controls all lights, alarms, elevators, and other override equipment; contacts outside agencies such as fire, EMS, etc. as needed.
- Monitors inmates’ behavior and attitudes for signs of personality changes, depression, and developing conflicts between inmates; enforces the rules and guidelines for inmates which includes initiating disciplinary action when necessary; prepares and maintains records of inmates’ physical or mental problems; escorts clinic staff during the delivery of prescription and non-prescription medications. Prepare and maintain accurate log entries detailing the services and daily routine of an inmate.
- Supervises movement in the facility; serves as first responder when there is a problem in a pod, fight, medical emergency, etc.; escorts inmates needing additional supervision or security; monitors radio traffic; supervises trustees in cleaning common areas and accounts for cleaning supplies used; conducts linen change in pod and assists Medical Staff when necessary.
- Verifies inventory of inmates’ clothing, personal property, and money against written records; utilizes departmental guidelines to determine property items an inmate may take into housing and to determine proper items to be returned to the inmate upon release.
- Maintains security of the clinic and the safety of the medical staff by monitoring all inmates coming into the clinic; conducts searches of the clinic and inmates entering and leaving the clinic for contraband.
- Operate various technical equipment, monitoring and controlling activities of inmates and their visitors, including cameras, doors, elevators, showers, and fire escapes.
- Supervises meal delivery, pick-up and tray return; removes trash from the facility; ensures inmates with special menus receive correct tray; notes inmates refusing meals.
- Conducts inmate head counts; monitors activities of suicidal inmates, violent inmates; monitors inmates during visitation and recreation periods.
- Ensures all inmates are accounted for at all times; prevents inmate escapes, introduction and/or passing of contraband and prevents the assault or injury of inmates and staff; ensures that each inmate receives their meals, clothing changes, mail, opportunity for exercise, etc., as set forth in departmental policy.
- Prepares written reports on incidents occurring inside the facility which include the actions/use of necessary force by the deputies to be utilized in criminal prosecutions, defense against lawsuits, disciplinary procedures against inmates and for internal affairs investigations.
- Prepares reports regarding operational problems such as defective equipment, suggestions for improving services, or hazardous conditions.
- Logs visitation hours of inmates and ensures the safety of visitors to include attorneys and other professional visits. Monitor and manage the public lobby of the facility.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Valid Kansas Driver s License.
- No record of criminal conviction, diversion, or expungement of any felony or crime of dishonesty, or the equivalent under the uniform code of military justice.
It is the policy of Sedgwick County not to discriminate in its programs or services provided to the general public, including employment and all other activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other similarly protected status. Sedgwick County is committed to making the application, interview, and pre-employment testing process accessible to persons with disabilities. If you wish to volunteer information regarding any special assistance you may need, please notify Human Resources by phone at (316) 660-7050, TDD (Kansas Relay at 711 or 800-766-3777). Do not use this phone number for employment questions. This number is provided only for those requiring ADA assistance. You will be contacted should the department feel that you are a qualified candidate.More information on this Job
ID: 32095614 - Save Job
: Military Jobs
Sedgwick County is a county located in the U.S. state of Kansas. The county seat is Wichita, the most populous city in the state. As of the 2010 census, the population was 498,365 with a 2019 estimate of 516,042 making it the second most populous county in Kansas.
Sedgwick County jobs
Sheriff Deputy Wichita KS US
Part-time Crisis Clinician - COMCARE Wichita KS US
Office Specialist - Sheriff Wichita KS US
Svc Coord Tripoli TB LY
Sourcing Lead Houston TX US 77032
US Houston Senior Applications AnalystDeveloper-Lead Houston TX US 77032
Svc Leader-Artificial Lift Odessa TX US 79765
Service Specialist I - Artificial Lift Odessa TX US 79765
Mechanic Technician I-III Bossier City LA US 71111
Electronics Technician I-III Bossier City LA US 71111
Vision Service Plan jobs
Carroll University jobs
University of Florida jobs
Harper College jobs
Pepperdine University jobs