Job Display - Return to Search Results
Unit Manager Job Chillicothe OH US Job at Peterbilt
More information on this Job
PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of high-quality light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates. PACCAR designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services — you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
Kenworth Truck Company
Kenworth Truck Company is the manufacturer of The World’s Best® heavy and medium duty trucks. Kenworth is an industry leader in providing fuel-saving technology solutions that help increase fuel efficiency and reduce emissions. The company’s dedication to the green fleet includes aerodynamic trucks, compressed and liquefied natural gas trucks, and medium duty diesel-electric hybrids.
The Unit Manager will have tactical leadership of employees in a manufacturing department to achieve safety, quality and productivity objectives as set forth by a Section Manager.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Lead department safety initiatives, including accident investigations, job hazard analyses, and other related functions
- Lead start of shift meetings to ensure clear communication of key metrics and daily expectations, address open issues, etc.
- Perform Leader Standard Work, including any audits, torque checks, etc.
- Instill safety culture proactively within the department, while ensuring corrective actions are robust and sustained
- Lead department quality initiatives, including gate management, defect resolution, tool performance, audit systems, and other related functions
- Lead department continuous improvement initiatives, including line balancing, process walks, 5S activities, HPWT, daily housekeeping, and other related functions
- Create daily staffing assignments, develop and maintain a training plan, and ensure appropriate job rotations
- Complete daily functions, including time and attendance, training records, overtime management, vacation scheduling, and proper record keeping
- Create an engaged culture through employee engagement
- Complete timely performance reviews for employees
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proven leadership ability, manufacturing or related field management experience, self-drive and initiative
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-3 Prior supervisory experience within PACCAR or related industry
- Must meet physical requirements of the position with our without accommodations
BACHELORS DEGREE PREFERRED
Additional Job Board Information
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability.
ID: 32096572 - Save Job
: Education Jobs
For 80 years, Peterbilt has supplied the North American commercial vehicle market with the industry’s most rugged, reliable and efficient products.
Based in Denton, Texas, Peterbilt manufactures on highway, vocational and medium duty trucks that provide value to their owners and pride to their drivers. These vehicles are supported through industry-leading aftermarket programs and a dedicated network of independent dealerships.
Peterbilt takes pride in its rich heritage and traditions, as well as these four enduring values that have shaped and continue to define the meaning of Peterbilt
Unit Manager Job Chillicothe OH US
Product Development Manager Job Broken Arrow OK US
Unit Manager SG2324 Job Denton TX US
Night Shift Unit Manager SG2324 Job Denton TX US
Manufacturing Coordinator GR 21 - Evening Shift 1 Job Louisville KY US
PACCAR Financial Contract Admin - 2021 Summer Internship Job Denton TX US
Associate Child Care Teacher-Dakota Vanderbilt Health
Child Care Teacher - Dakota Vanderbilt Health
Assistant Teacher University of Nebraska Medical Center
Assoc Research Professional - Development and Implementation Coordinator - 512110 University of Alabama Tuscaloosa
College of Charleston jobs
American Academy of Audiology jobs
MEDAVAIL SPOTRX jobs